Learning support during school closure
We have planned the following to try to ensure pupils can continue to learn offsite:
- Staff have prepared and distributed packs for all pupils that contain work, exercise books and a pencil.
- Pupils with Mental Arithmetic (MA) books will have these to work on at home.
- Teachers will set work that can be done at any time on Purple Mash and Mathletics. Your child will have a login for both of these but please do ask your class teacher if you need a reminder.
- Each day, your class teacher will upload onto the class pages of the school website, daily English and Maths work or will guide you to relevant work on the website or in the packs that have been sent home.
- Your child will be invited to attend three daily Zoom sessions with the class teacher and a TA or a whole school assembly.
- Teachers will try to make themselves available by email between 9.00 - 3.20pm if you wish to contact them for questions / support / response to work. Please email them at these addresses:
Mrs Sheraton - Cameron@shoreham.kent.sch.uk
Miss Fitch - Moore@shoreham.kent.sch.uk
Miss Watts - Palmer@shoreham.kent.sch.uk
Ms Corlett - Barton@shoreham.kent.sch.uk
Please be aware that our staff have their own families too and may need to care for them or, in a worst case scenario, may also become ill themselves. Please therefore be understanding if a teacher does not reply to your emails.
The teachers and support staff will continue to work worked extremely hard to prepare for home learning and will remain committed to supporting your children, as best they can, at this time.
If a child is quarantined/isolating we will offer daily work in line with class work and a weekly zoom.
What is the school doing?
- We are encouraging children to learn the importance of Catch It, Kill It, Bin It.
- We are making sure that there are plenty of disposable paper tissues available on desks in the classrooms and soap/ hand wash available at the sinks.
- We are asking children to wash their hands when arriving at school in the morning, at break time, before lunch, when they come back from the toilet, after PE lessons, if they have been outside and before they go home.
- We are ensuring visitors read the Public Health England advice and sanitise their hands.
- We are also aware that children share resources in school so we are looking to find ways to improve hygiene and ensure surfaces and resources are cleaned even more often.
- We are asking parents to self-isolate their children for 14 days if they have travelled to a Category 1 or Category 2 area, regardless of whether they are showing symptoms. COVID-19 / Coronavirus
- Any staff member who travels to a Category 1 or 2 area is being asked to self-isolate for 14 days, regardless of whether they are showing symptoms.
- School trips will be individually considered in the context of an overall risk assessment.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Dry your hands thoroughly after washing them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
This link will take you to the latest government advice on the virus. Click here
This link will take you to travel advice from the government. Click here
Please follow all government advice if you plan to travel.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.