At Shoreham Village School we have four Houses which were renamed by the Pupil Leadership Team to be: Fire, Wind, Water and Earth. When a child joins our school, they become a member of a House and stay in that House until they leave at the end of Year 6.
The aims of the House System are to:
- Create an atmosphere of loyalty and a sense of belonging to each other, the House and the School;
- Create a sense of community spirit;
- Encourage all students to participate in a wide range of inter-house activities and to encourage healthy non-academic rivalry;
- Stimulate academic and extra-curricular achievement by amassing House points; and
- Encourage students to develop leadership skills as House representatives.
House points are collected every week and announced in Assembly by the House Captains. They are published every fortnight in our newsletter.