We passionately believe that pupils should have the opportunity to experience a range of interesting and inspiring activities that enrich and enhance the school curriculum.
In the school year 2016-17 we:
- held a whole school book week based on the text 'Flotsam' by David Weisner;
- had our inaugural Eisteddfod Festival during which every child in the school was invited to share a song, poem, dance, piece of music or artistic creation with us;
- held our Shoreham Business Brains event, when every House was given £25 and asked to set up a business. The children worked together across the school in parallel learning groups and created successful business that offered either goods or services and made a small profit. The pupils' business ideas this year were: Recycled Crafts, School Cafe, Beautiful Bookmarks and Easterfest;
- had whole school Christmas and Easter performances in the local church and our annual Summer Show which took place outdoors on our school field;
- offered instrument recital by individual musicians and a ukulele group performance by Moore Class;
- sang for the elderly residents of our local community at Christmas in Shoreham Village Hall and Sevenoaks Baptist Church;
- performed on stage at the Sevenoaks Arts Festival;
- visited local and national places of interest to support the curriculum eg London Zoo, Lullingstone Castle, Maidstone Museum, Drusilla's Park, the British Museum, the Peacock Theatre and Horton Kirby Science Park ;
- participated in a residential trip in East Sussex; and
- attended a range of enrichment events at Sevenoaks School eg concerts, Science workshops and sports events.
We are proud to offer an extensive range of clubs that take place every day before, during or after school which provide opportunities for the children to develop existing talents and interests or to embrace new hobbies and skills.
In 2016-17 we achieved the Gold Sports Mark for Schools and 100% of Key Stage 2 pupils represented the school in a competitive sporting activity.
Our Handball Team won the Sevenoaks League of the Primary School Handball Tournament and we represented our district in the Kent finals.